ARC Coronavirus Update - Business, employee and licensing support
The coronavirus has become, and will continue to be, one of the biggest challenges facing the refrigeration and air conditioning industry (RAC) in modern times.
This situation is changing quickly, and ARC are committed to keeping our industry up-to-date and informed with the most important information.
Financial support for small business
The Australian Government has announced financial support for businesses, including cash flow assistance, to combat the economic damage the coronavirus will cause for all Australians. Below are links to government websites that provide important information for businesses:
- Government assistance for businesses
- Boosting cash flow for employers
- Supporting apprentices and trainees
- Temporary relief for financially distressed businesses
Advice for employers – employee welfare
The Fairwork Ombudsman has produced valuable information on workplace entitlements and employer obligations as it relates to businesses managing employee welfare during this time.
The Department of Health is providing up to the minute advice on how people can protect themselves and others.
The ARC has put in place measures to keep the RAC industry permit scheme operating on a 'business as usual' basis for you, with only minimal changes.
Some key points to note are:
- Face-to-face permit condition checks (audits) will be replaced by electronic checks via email, so you can manage your day-to-day work more efficiently and safely.
- It will be business as usual as it relates to lodging and assessing your online renewals as quickly as possible.
- The Cool Change newsletter will continue to be published providing you with the most up-to-date industry, government, licensing and technical information.
- As a temporary measure to minimise the risk to industry, the ARC reception area will be closed to the public. If you are wanting to drop off an application form or other documents, just call us on 1300 884 483 or post them to the address at the bottom of this email.
- The same phone (1300 884 483) and email support (firstname.lastname@example.org) will be available for you Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5.30pm.
With COVID-19 causing changes to the way you manage your health, work and home life, you have enough to worry about. That's why the ARC is working to ensure your licensing-related requirements aren't one of them. We will also continue to keep you informed of the most important business and employee support for the RAC industry.
If we can be of any further assistance, please don't hesitate to get in touch.
The ARC Team.
Back to newsletter