Innovations in refrigerant leak detection
Regular leak detection not only benefits the environment, it also helps you and your customers save money.
During servicing of air conditioning and refrigeration systems, leak detection is a mandatory requirement of both the stationary and automotive code of practice manuals.
Recently, some innovative leak detection applications have moved from the more traditional use of nitrogen, to a non-flammable mixture of nitrogen and hydrogen. Due to its exceedingly small molecular size and low viscosity hydrogen is an ideal leak detection medium. It can improve detection by escaping easily through any leak in greater volume than other gases. Ultimately this can lead to enhanced environmental compliance and cost savings from reduced maintenance, lower refrigerant requirements and improved system energy efficiency.
Benefits of using nitrogen and hydrogen:
- Up to 100 times more accurate than traditional bubble spray techniques.
- No need to wait for bubbles to form for small leaks or do pressure decay tests – save time.
- Protect the environment from undetected refrigerant leaks.
- Improve energy efficiency.
- Reduce maintenance call outs.
- Easy to use, safe and efficient.
Back to newsletter